The Alabama Innovation Awards celebrate innovation achievements occurring across the state, in five categories: Corporate Innovator of the Year (small company, 1-50 employees), Corporate Innovator of the Year (large company, 50+ employees), Outstanding Achievement in Innovative Manufacturing, Outstanding Public-Private Partnership in Innovation, and Lifetime Achievement in Innovation. The awards were created to raise awareness of the importance of innovation based economic development, and to encourage entrepreneurs and inventors to continue and accelerate this important work.Innovation can happen all across the state. It can happen anywhere. It can happen in a machine shop, in a university lab, or in emerging and traditional industries. It can happen in rural areas and in metros.
2016 Alabama Innovation Award Categories
- Corporate Innovator of the Year (small company, 1-50 employees)
- Corporate Innovator of the Year (large company, 50+ employees)
- Outstanding Achievement in Innovative Manufacturing
- Outstanding Public-Private Partnership for Innovation
- Lifetime Achievement in Innovation
Mary Hope Garmon