We have compiled a range of resources for starting your company and applying to an Alabama LaunchPad Competition.
Resources for Business Plans
The templates linked below are used by Alabama Launchpad applicants. Launchpad competitors should download these files and provide the required information.
- Business Plan Guidelines: Each business plan must follow the guidelines as stated and formatted and submitted as requested. Those guidelines are in this PDF. Download Business Plan Guidelines
- Business Model Canvas: The Business Model Canvas is another important tool for evaluating and constructing your business. You may review the Business Model Canvas website or check this video series from the Kauffman Foundation on how it can be useful in articulating your business. Download Business Model Canvas
- Budget Template: This template can be useful for building a budget and financial pro forma. Please refer to the “Start Here” and “Rules and Definitions” tabs within the file for further instructions. Download Budget Template
How to Apply Webinar
August 11, 2017 webinar slides
- AXANDUS: Accelerates the growth of innovative companies in the fields of mechatronics and connected objects, helping them scale up quickly for mass production and international markets. Axandus’ U.S. accelerator is based at EFI Automotive Group located in Elkmont, Alabama.
- VELOCITY: Velocity is a new business accelerator program that is currently being designed, perfected and preparing for launch in 2016. Velocity is housed at Innovation Depot in Birmingham.
- THE FOUNDRY: The Foundry Huntsville, Inc. is a for-profit startup studio based in downtown Huntsville. The Foundry launches, funds, and builds software companies that produce highly scalable, highly profitable B2B SaaS apps. Their goal is to build 20 software startups over the next 5 years.
Innovation Assets Database
Click the image above to discover, connect and see Alabama’s innovation assets or visit www.advantagealabama.com
Funding organizations in the State of Alabama
Angel Investment Groups
- Angel Syndicates Central
- Auburn Angel Network
- Birmingham Angel Network
- Central Gulf Coast Private Investor Network
- Central Alabama Angel Network
- Gulf Coast Angel Network
- Huntsville Angel Network
- Shoals Area Angel Network
Venture Capital Groups
- Bonaventure Capital
- Eastside Partners
- Greer Capital Advisors
- Harbert Management Corporation, Venture Capital
- New Capital Partners
- Murphee Venture Partners
- Redmont Venture Partners
- Jemison Investments Company
- Southeastern Technology Fund
- Stonehenge Capital Company
Debt Financing Options
State and Local Organizations