From health care to water treatment technology: Meet the 10 startups to pitch on Oct. 2
The startups have been chosen, and the venue is set.
The countdown begins for the Alabama Launchpad Startup Pitch event on Oct. 2 at Evonik Industries, 750 Lakeshore Parkway in Birmingham.
Ten companies will pitch their products and services to a judging panel that includes Mickey Millsap, Executive Director, Youth Entrepreneur Labs; David Kassouf, Director, Kassouf & Company; Figen Petka, Investment Strategist, ADTRAN, Inc; Jason Thomas, General Counsel, Total EHR; and Dennis Hinton, Director, Bonaventure Capital.
This cycle’s class ranges from a startup that protects cars from rear-end crashes to a tool that allows for the better treatment of congestive heart failure patients. The startup teams will have eight minutes each to present their concepts on stage in an effort to move on to the next phase, the Dec. 10 finale and win a share of up to $250,000 in funding for job creation.
Since 2006, Alabama Launchpad, a program of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, has awarded $2.1 million to 47 companies.
Below are the 10 startups presenting on Oct. 2:
- The Ark Labs, based in Florence, has developed a smart device, The Ark, which is a monitoring solution with a control mechanism that is empowered by artificial intelligence software to eliminate inefficiency and major damage caused by water leaks in homes.
- BDI Laboratories, based in Huntsville, has developed the MediaBit device that monitors TV viewing habits, making it possible to limit how much TV a family watches.
- ESI Roundtable, based in Birmingham, provides practical, community-based eDiscovery continuing legal education (CLE).
- LiTeWater, based in Tuscaloosa, filters and eliminates harmful bacteria and viruses from tap water through a breakthrough ultraviolet water treatment technology.
- MechOptix, Inc., based in Madison, has developed Stoptix, an automatic brake lamp that protects your vehicle from rear-end collisions.
- PartCycle Technologies, LLC, based in Florence, is an e-commerce marketplace for the auto parts industry that connects people who need auto parts with those who have them for sale, using a trustworthy, simple platform.
- Space Resources Extraction Tech, based in Huntsville, has developed technology that can extract water from planetary soils very efficiently with low mass transported to the space body and will provide microwave water technology for water prospecting and mining demonstrations on the moon and Mars.
- Vital Metrix, Inc., based in Huntsville, provides data to a patient’s cardiologist while the patient is home and allows for the better treatment of congestive heart failure and quality of life.
- ACE Creative Engagement, LLC, based in Huntsville, is a consumer grade tool to address the pains of live video broadcasting.
- Bright Willow, LLC, based in Mobile, revolutionizes bedsore prevention by identifying areas at risk sooner than ever before.