We have compiled a range of resources for starting your company and applying to an Alabama Launchpad Competition.
Resources for Business Plans
The templates linked below are resources provided by Alabama Launchpad to help entrepreneurs. Launchpad competitors are required to follow the business plan guidelines only.
- Business Plan Guidelines (required for Startup Competition): Each business submitted to the Alabama Launchpad Startup Competition plan must follow the guidelines as stated and formatted and submitted as requested. Those guidelines are in this PDF. Download Business Plan Guidelines. Alabama Launchpad uses www.wordcounter.net to check word counts of submitted business plans. Please note, when applying a screen capture is requested documenting that the business plan submitted to the competition is within the word count limits. Important Note: Words within charts and images count as words and count against the 2,000 word limit.
- Business Model Canvas: The Business Model Canvas is another important tool for evaluating and constructing your business. You may review the Business Model Canvas website or check this video series from the Kauffman Foundation on how it can be useful in articulating your business. Download Business Model Canvas
- Budget Template: This template can be useful for building a budget and financial pro forma. Please refer to the “Start Here” and “Rules and Definitions” tabs within the file for further instructions. Download Budget Template
- AXANDUS: Accelerates the growth of innovative companies in the fields of mechatronics and connected objects, helping them scale up quickly for mass production and international markets. Axandus’ U.S. accelerator is based at EFI Automotive Group located in Elkmont, Alabama.
- VELOCITY: Velocity is a new business accelerator program that is currently being designed, perfected and preparing for launch in 2016. Velocity is housed at Innovation Depot in Birmingham.
- THE FOUNDRY: The Foundry Huntsville, Inc. is a for-profit startup studio based in downtown Huntsville. The Foundry launches, funds, and builds software companies that produce highly scalable, highly profitable B2B SaaS apps. Their goal is to build 20 software startups over the next 5 years.
- HUBZONE Accelerator: The mission of the HUBZone Accelerator Project is to help and empower underserved communities through strengthening and advocating HUBZone companies. HUBZone Accelerator is a one-stop resource for HUBZone companies to grow their company, share resources, and market their capabilities to large prime businesses and government agencies. In addition the HUBZone Accelerator will provide a platform for HUBZone member companies to champion their businesses as technically qualified in engineering, science and/or technology.
- Delta I-Fund: The Delta I-Fund™ is an early stage, proof-of-concept accelerator formed to train entrepreneurs in the eight-state Delta Regional Authority territory. Each startup team accepted into the program will be matched with a mentor from the business community, complete 12 weeks of rigorous training alongside other startup teams and receive technical assistance or access to seed stage capital, depending on the team’s geographical location.
Innovation Assets Database
Click the image above to discover, connect and see Alabama’s innovation assets or visit www.advantagealabama.com
Training and Tools
VentureWrench – Powered by National Science Foundation
Funding organizations in the State of Alabama
Angel Investment Groups
- Angel Syndicates Central
- Auburn Angel Network
- Birmingham Angel Network
- Central Gulf Coast Private Investor Network
- Central Alabama Angel Network
- Gulf Coast Angel Network
- Huntsville Angel Network
- Mane Capital Fund
Venture Capital Groups
- Bonaventure Capital
- Eastside Partners
- Greer Capital Advisors
- Harbert Management Corporation, Venture Capital
- New Capital Partners
- Murphee Venture Partners
- Redmont Venture Partners
- Jemison Investments Company
- Southeastern Technology Fund
- Stonehenge Capital Company
Debt Financing Options
State and Local Organizations
- Alabama Partnership for Biotechnology Research
- Alabama Entrepreneurial Research Network
- Biotechnology Association of Alabama
- Birmingham Business Resource Center
- Birmingham Venture Club
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama
- I-10 Wired
- Work Your Magic
- Rocket Hatch
- Sassafras Non-Profit Resource Center
- Alabama Small Business Development Network